Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 11, Tuesday, September 9


It is now 8 pm Pacific time and I believe 9pm in Miles City, Montana.  I made the boys a reservation ahead of them.  They called from Glendive, Montana and the rooms were sold out, so they asked me to find a room in Miles City, 70 miles west on down I 94.  I found a room for them, after calling around and finding out that there is a convention in town.  Go figure.  But I found a room with double beds, non smoking and Jean assured me she would hold it for them, with no credit card.  After a second assurance, I let it go.  I will confirm they actually arrived as soon as Terry calls me.  I estimated them to get there about now.


Miles City, Montana




And this is the only Hotel I could find a room in.

Just Kidding!!
But it is in Miles City.......


Good ole Rand McNally has the mileage at 822 miles from Ironwood, MI (last night) to Miles City, Montana tonight.  That is a long day in the saddle.

If I added the miles that I have been keeping track of, it comes to 7642 miles to date.  Will be interesting to see what the GPS logged in.

Still waiting to here from them.........

tap, tap, tap......this is me patiently waiting for my phone to ring......

ok, I can relax, they made it and now they can too.

A quick recap and then I am off to bed.

Terry said they were directed to the 4 B's restaurant and that they had killer tomato soup.  Found this little blurb:

4 B's Restaurant is located off I-90, the second exit for Miles City. We offer family style dining. We also offer a children's menu. We are known for our famous homemade cream of tomato soup served daily.

They saw Buffalo today and a flock of some type of Heron, not sure.  Appreciated the call ahead on the room.  Other than that and the comment about what great country they are riding through and would be good to hook up the trailer and spend a month traveling up there.  Who knows, one day maybe.......
I am out of here, hope you are enjoying the "Great Adventure of Terry & Mark", until tomorrow.....



No comments: